Shelly Plug S - Habe Angst, dass er mein Haus abfackelt

Falsche Einstellungen können den Shelly Dimmer ebenfalls grillen.
This is what happened when setting „transition time“ to 0 milliseconds.
Obviously, the connections with 11 watts dimmable LED lamp were correct and everything worked properly before setting the transition time to 0 mS.
I hope it doesn’t happen with other shelly dimmers too.
I will avoid setting the transition time to 0 (just to be safe)

I don’t know what happened to Shelly in the last year, but obviously somethings changed in manufacturing or supplies … I’ve had 3x 3EMs that exploded in the exact same way - one after 24 hours, another after few days and the third - after 2 months. On the same location also have an IoTaWatt that hasn’t had any issues whatsoever. In the group there are burned out devices almost regularly … I don’t like where this is going.

Beim Einschalten des Lichts, angesteuert über einen Shelly 1L (angeschlossen ohne Neutralleiter, dafür mit dem Shelly Bypass), hat es einen Mordsknall gegeben und der 16A Automat in der Unterverteilung hat ausgelöst.
Gestern habe ich mich dann auf die Fehlersuche begeben.
Der Bypass ist schwarz und die Rückseite der Platine vom Shelly 1L ist schwarz.
Beide natürlich defekt. Was jetzt der eigentliche Auslöser war, das kann ich nicht sagen. Ich vermute, das der Bypass die Ursache ist und für einen Kurzschluss gesorgt hat und dann den Shelly 1L mit in den Tod gerissen hat.

Ein shelly kann auch mal einfrieren und einen falschen schaltzustand habe… ohne extra Schutz einen Heizstab zu betreiben … muss jeder selber wissen …

Ein shelly ist keine SPS - Man sollte immer bedenken, was passiert wenn man ein Wochenende nicht da ist, oder 14 Tage um Urlaub… was passiert wenn der shelly da einfriert oder kaputt geht und auf Dauer ein steht …

Bei mir war der 3em - der alles steuert jetzt in einem Jahr auch einmal eingefroren - wäre tödlich wenn man dann damit einen Heizstab steuert ohne weiteren Schutz …

Ich empfehle da den shelly Temperatursensor mit zu verbauen, wenn es über 60 grad in der Wohung ist - dann brennt die Bude ab … kann man dann live mitverfolgen…

Diesmal zur Abwechslung mal einer der Strommessgeräte von Shelly i3.

This is the risk of DYI which we know. Customers do it by your self and no electrician experience, wrong wiring do the rest. We strongly recommend to do some wiring in the table, read a lot and take a course before do it.
From another side I understand them, they want to create something alone, electrician services in many countries are much expensive than devices and there is a reason for that.
Anyway be careful, ask a friends, ask for electrician. This could save your devices and money in future.

okay there is close to 8 million which working over the globe :slight_smile: you can count the number of burned, then you can compare with anything else. I can tell you that Shelly devcies has much lower failure rate than Iphones!

Sonoff Plug

after all it’s not just Shelly’s how the haters want to look. if it is not used correctly it happens to all brands and manufacturing defects all can have. what differentiates one brand from the others is its fail rate and after sales service, that is, what the brand does when it receives a product like this if it is a defect and not a user error.

Was ist das bloß mit den shelly 2.5 :triumph:
Hallo zusammen, muss bzw. möchte hier kurz meinem Unmut Luft verschaffen. Shelly in allen ehren, die shelly 1 alle top. Auch meine Heizungssteuerung mit h&t und den shelly 1 funktioniert 1a. Aber was ist das bitte mit den shelly 2.5. Mittlerweile habe ich alle einmal durchgerauscht für meine Rollläden. Kaum 2 Jahre alt. Und jetzt fangen diese wieder an defekt zu gehen. Die shellys sind in Taschen untergebracht welche ich in der Hohlraum Dose habe. Temp kann es nicht sein. Fange gerade an die shellys 2.5 gegen Bosch zu tauschen. Habe Bosch im OG 10 Stück und diese laufen seit ca 9 Jahren ohne Probleme. Wenn ich das mit den shellys gegenrechne dann sind die Bosch um die Hälfte und mehr günstiger und vor allem zuverlässig. Bin maßlos enttäuscht.

Another dead POS from Shelly. Just over 2 years old. Worked one day, died the next. I think that my journey with Shelly is coming to an end. My 2.5 that controls my garden lights now randomly turns the lights on. I wake up to find all of my garden lights on. I have 6 year old Fibaro modules that haven’t missed a beat. I guess you get what you pay for.

Received our Shelly 3EM Pro today and we hooked it up.
L1 → LA
L2 → LB
L3 → LC
N → N

We have 400V+N. Between each phase and N there is 230V.

As you can see in the picture, the device blew and the main breaker tripped.
Did my electrician make a mistake (e.g. put a line wire on the N connector?) or is this unit faulty?
Since he immedeately disconnected the unit, I don’t know how he wired it up exactly… But I’m pretty sure it’s fried inside.

Anyone else had this issue, or did we just screw up and should we try again?

IMG_20230124_182609

IMG_20230126_081009

An die Shelly Benutzer. Ich setze bei mir die Dimmer 2 ein. Nun ist einer kaputt gegangen und ich musste tauschen. Beim Tausch fiel mir auf, daß die Dimmer ziemlich warm werden, im IOB wird eine Temperatur von 65 Celsius angezeigt . Ist das bei euch auch so hoch. Hab auch ein Bild hinzugefügt…

Here is a fibaro

Dear readers,
What is de warranty on a fibaro double switch ? I would expect it to last at least 5 years. But in my case, I had a FGS221, installed in a wall switch for controlling a small about 10 Watt LED bulb. I have installed it 3 years ago.
Last week, the fuse blew out in the central fuse box. The cause was the FGS221, it had completely burned out. Even dangerous for causing a fire, luckily it was installed proberly in a protective junction box.
I would not expect this, small load, normal use, should last a lifetime I would say.
IMG_20230128_082233

Hi! Have been living in a newly furnished apartment for almost 3 years. I have 30+ Shellies - Shelly1, Shelly2.5, RGBW and Dimmer (some replaced with Dimmer2). During last ~6-8 months Shelly Dimmer started failing, they all make hissing sound when they fail, which I assume are capacitors. Nothing directly visible after opening. Other types of Shellies - no issues. No known voltage fluctuations.
What is your experience with the longevity of Shelly Dimmer? (1st gen, with Neutral).
(No intention to start a flame)

IMG_20230128_122847

Yesterday my lighting circuit was tripping the breaker, upon investigation it appears that my shelly dimmer 2 had developed a fault between live and neutral which distroyed the unit. I am an electrician so whilst I can’t comment on the nature of the failure of the electronics, I can say that it is possable that using one of these units connected with a neutral then it would be wise to make sure that it is fed via a 500ma fuse. This may not protect the unit from failure but would limit the chance of a house fire in the event of a fault within the unit. I equally suspect that although the literature shows the unit connected with a neutral, if this were not done then such a fault within the unit would not present the obvious fire risk.

FB_IMG_1676191917112

FB_IMG_1676191909990

IMG_20230212_095141

Boiler hat 2500Watt, laut Shelly nie über 1900 Watt. Dennoch ist der Kontakt vom Shelly geschmolzen.

FB_IMG_1678969898067
FB_IMG_1678969920019

IMG_20230331_075528