🇺🇸 Open Source - Let´s work together - Entrance hall

:wave: Hello - glad you are here!
You have probably found this site because you want to contribute to our aging society. This is a good starting point to tell us something more about you. What brought you here, what is your motivation, what part would you like to contribute in? Design, usability, end-customer training and support?

Thanks- glad you are here!

How important is fall detection, e.g. for elderly or disabled people?

• very important
  • important
  • less important
  • useless

0 Teilnehmer

What do you think about preventing falls?

• More important than fall detection
  • I would use both
  • Useless

0 Teilnehmer

Here are some other projects that could be interesting:

Open Source

Commercial

Livy Home

Nobi Life

My Stella

Possible Hardware for Makers and Service Suppliers

https://www.climax.com.tw/

Sensors

This Sensors uses radar technology.

The new Aqara FP2 has some unique features. Here are my highlights!

1. Zone detection
    You can define zones like bed, desk, sofa etc. and trigger automations. If zone bed is entered, start scene good night

2. Fall detection
    Local and private. Description stands for itself. I am super excited how accurate this will be

One Sensor can create up to 32 Zones in an area of max 40 square meters. Each zone will be exported as an individual motion sensor in e.g. HomeKit. It can handle 3 persons and its position at the same time. It also creates layers so that it can tell you if a person stands, sits or is lying!

There are also countless EU Projects like this one:

But after having an eye on #AmbientAssistedLiving for over 20 years now let me tell you they come and go faster than you think.

In my opinion, Software and Hardware have developed excellent in technology. They are now at a reasonable price and the availability is high.

What is lacking is the in my opinion are the services around that topic.

1. Linking modern IoT and Smart Home technology to existing services like existing (mobile) nursing services
  2. Combining the professional nursing service with family members and friends who want to support the senior

Complexity

I think that there is more and a lot of potential to optimize workflows and get the highest efficiency by investing less. Sounds like a marketing junk from a sales guy, right?

Could be. At the same time there are raising threads that actually lead us to be more efficient. So we need to completely rethink and redesign structures of e.g. retail and its supply chains, health care and community support.

Have a look how a local supply chain for a diabetes patient could look like. Supported by IoT and Smart Home technology combined with the magic of Open Source commity driven Software.

slr system with copyright